If you have come to the Kochi and have seen various spell bounded panorma and have wandered all the historical places and on the mesmerizing beach of the port city of Kochi and in the end if you are not able to take the decision what to buy for yourself and if this is confusing you what to buy as souvenier or a gift for some one at the home. Then this article will really help you to overcome this puzzle.
In these amazing, charming, pleasingly little shops in kochi city of kerala you can find all those article that you will love to purchase. You can find various things in these shops such as they sell small knick-knacks, which are characteristic of the South Indian city. As you all know port city of Kochi is well known and famous for its handicrafts ( Click here for article on kochi art and craft) You will find unique and classify items there in the shops like , colorful bead jewelry, mat, bangles etc. all these items can be made up of different-different items such as coir, wood, bamboo, shells, brass, ivory and sandalwood. You can buy items as per your choice and preference and can take that item at home and gift to your loved ones.
Hope your confusion of what to purchase in Kochi vanish here and you get the right answer of your puzzle. The concept of shopping mall is gaining a popularity in kochi but yet there are many places in city where you can find branded goods and garments also to purchase. If you want to buy something specific, once you reach Kochi, we suggest you to consult local person it would be much better.
Here are few tips From Kochimaps side what and from where you can buy gifts:
- You can shop for perfumes, watches, bags, suitcases, music cassettes and CD’s. from the beautiful Marine Drive, Kochi.
- If you are more induldge in electronics then you must visit The Penta Menaka complex which has a number of duty free shops that sell electronic items and mobile phones.
- If you here in Kochi for short time and want to spend most of the time in enjoying nature and you do not have time to visit many shopping places in Kochi, then just head for the famous MG Road, where you can buy various kind of goods like textiles, readymade garments, jewelry, toys, home furnishing, handicrafts, decorative items etc.
- Broadway is famous for its clothes and spices.
- If you have to the kochi then you must purchase spices and for that the best place is the area around the Synagogue in Mattancherry which is a major center of spice trade.